Picture this. You’ve been dating a new guy for a few weeks. Things are going amazingly well and you can’t stop thinking about him. You connect on so many different levels and you just seem to get each other. He is exactly what you’ve been looking for in a man and, not only that, he exceeds your expectations.
In other words, you’re in love with him and you’re wondering if you should tell him exactly how you feel. But before you go saying “I love you,” there are a few things you should know about saying these three little words too soon and why it might be a good idea to hold your tongue for a while.
Saying “I love you” too early puts intense pressure on the relationship. Suddenly, you aren’t just dating anymore — you’re in love. It’s more serious and often times, more limiting.
Read more at YourTango
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? 11 Singers and Rappers Who Didn’t Blow Up Like We Thought They Would…
- What Would You Do? Should You Tell Your Child She’s a Victim of Rape?
- No Regrets: After You’ve Loved And Lost, Don’t Forget To Let It Go
- Is That Just The Way She Is? Keeping Standards High and Expectations Real With Your Friendships
- You Don’t Have To Be Wonder Woman: The Importance of Vulnerability In Relationships
- Bison Brothers: 10 Notable Men Who Attended Howard University
- True Life: I Settled In Love