This could just be another salacious Internet story or a case of a very protective father/ex-husband, we’ll let you decide. Gossip Extra is reporting that rapper Lil Wayne isn’t taking any chances that his ex Toya Wright could end up in a domestic violence situation like K. Michelle, the former girlfriend of Toya’s husband Memphitz. So to ensure all is well in their household, Weezy F Baby reportedly drops $10,000/month on security guards to watch over Toya and their daughter Reginae.
In theory, this sounds probable, but I can’t see a man (Memphitz) allowing another man (Lil Wayne) to stash security at his house. It would be one thing if the couple wasn’t married and Toya had her own spot with her daughter, but having her own personal security to protect her from the husband she’s living with, just in case? This might be a bit far-fetched. Not acording to one of the site’s sources, though, who reportedly said:
“You bet that Lil Wayne is concerned. He mostly wants to make sure their daughter never gets caught in the middle of anything.”
Memphitz’ spokesperson reportedly had no comment on the topic when asked. I don’t know if that makes this story seem more true or not, but if this news is real, good looking out papa Wayne. Hopefully security will never have to jump into action.
What do you think? If Weezy hired security to look after Toya and Reginae is that a good move?
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? 11 Singers and Rappers Who Didn’t Blow Up Like We Thought They Would…
- What Would You Do? Should You Tell Your Child She’s a Victim of Rape?
- No Regrets: After You’ve Loved And Lost, Don’t Forget To Let It Go
- Is That Just The Way She Is? Keeping Standards High and Expectations Real With Your Friendships
- You Don’t Have To Be Wonder Woman: The Importance of Vulnerability In Relationships
- Bison Brothers: 10 Notable Men Who Attended Howard University
- True Life: I Settled In Love