Apparently there’s a limit on just how much of a diva one can be to maintain a spot on TV One’s new hit reality show, “R&B Divas,” and according to RadarOnline, Nicci Gilbert has just about reached her max.
The former Brownstone singer stars on the show alongside Faith Evans, Keke Wyatt, Monifah Carter, and Syleena Johnson and though she’s appeared to be sensible from the first two episodes, word is she’s something of a mess off-camera. That’s why she may be getting a pink slip if and when the show returns for a second season. A source told RadarOnline:
“Despite doing interviews with her whole message of positivity, Nicci was a terror to work with on the show. Publicly, she says she wanted this show to be the anti- Housewives, but privately her actions made her a fit for Oxygen’s Bad Girls Club.”
That’s pretty harsh. I honestly would have expected that type of behavior from Syleena just because of the way she comes off on camera, but Nicci was ready to rip that seamstress a new one when she didn’t show up for her fashion show on time on the last episode. Maybe that’s her real persona.
Rumor has it producers already have a replacement in mind too, singer Kelly Price, and they’ve already met to discuss the possibility. While this all sounds like a done deal, there is the issue of Nicci being one of the co-executive producers of the show. The anonymous source says that’s not as big of a deal as it may seem though, saying producers will “just pay her a producer credit and cancel her talent contract.”
She better get it together quick — if it’s not already too late.
What do you think about Kelly Price replacing Nicci Gilbert on “R&B Divas?” Have you been watching?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bison Brothers: 10 Notable Men Who Attended Howard University
- When Cutting The “No Good” Men Out Of Your Life Includes Your Own Father
- Down With The Brown? Celebrities Who Look Black…But Aren’t
- Is That Just The Way She Is? Keeping Standards High and Expectations Real With Your Friendships
- The Thirst Files: How He Dickmatized Her
- Ratch On Ratch On Ratch: 7 Moments You Had To See From Part 1 Of The Love & Hip-Hop Reunion
- Heyello! 11 Bahamian Celebrities We Love And Per The Usual, A Few Surprises…