Investigators may not have been able to determine what caused Tyler Perry’s Atlanta studio to burst into flames in May, but they have alreayd figured out what led to the blaze that broke out at the compound yesterday morning. According to the Associated Press:
“Investigators have determined that a fire at filmmaker Tyler Perry’s Atlanta studios was caused by careless smoking.
Capt. Marian McDaniel is with the Atlanta Fire Rescue Department. McDaniel said Tuesday that no criminal charges were pending.
The fire broke out Monday morning on the roof of a building undergoing repairs. It took firefighters about an hour to get the fire under control. The structural integrity of the building was not compromised.”
So much for the Spike Lee/hater/enemy theory. TP needs to enforce a non-smoking policy ASAP though, and start docking someone’s paycheck.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Love and Basketball”
- The Marriage Proposal: Is It What He Says Or How He Says It?
- Down With The Brown? Celebrities Who Look Black…But Aren’t
- Long Hair? You Do Care! 6 Ways to Get It to Grow
- What Makes A Good Man “A Good Man?”
- Evening Eye Candy: 7 Delicious NFL Ballers We Can’t Wait To See In September
- Single Black Male: Defending Your Woman’s Honor In An Age Of Disrespectful Men