Outspoken and frequently foul-mouthed actor Samuel L. Jackson recently took to Twitter to lament the fact that Tropical Storm Isaac will likely hit the coast of New Orleans instead of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida.
“Unfair Shyte: GOP spared by Issac [sic]! NOLA prolly F**ked Again! Not understanding God’s plan!” Jackson wrote Monday afternoon.
Several of Jackson’s followers slammed his unabashedly partisan remarks as distasteful.
Still, according to Entertainment Weekly, Jackson’s “unfair” tweet has been “retweeted 983 times and marked as a favorite 236 times as of this morning.”
See how Samuel responded to the criticism on The Grio.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Love and Basketball”
- The Marriage Proposal: Is It What He Says Or How He Says It?
- Down With The Brown? Celebrities Who Look Black…But Aren’t
- Long Hair? You Do Care! 6 Ways to Get It to Grow
- What Makes A Good Man “A Good Man?”
- Evening Eye Candy: 7 Delicious NFL Ballers We Can’t Wait To See In September
- Single Black Male: Defending Your Woman’s Honor In An Age Of Disrespectful Men