By Amy Schoen
Most of my clients live in metropolitan areas with large singles populations of all age ranges. So, when I hear a person say that they can’t meet someone, I scratch my head and wonder if they just came out of a coma! You can meet tons of people in most big cities (D.C., New York, L.A., Miami, Boston, San Francisco, Dallas and Chicago), although not everyone is marriage-minded.
Here are the best ways my clients and friends meet serious, marriage-minded people for dating and eventual, long-term relationships. Be successful finding love this fall by making these five methods part of your dating plan:
1. Go online. Many people think that online dating is passé. However, at a wedding I recently attended, I sat at a table where two couples had met online. One out of five marriages is sparked with online dating, and two thirds of my clients have met their spouses online. This method is a definite strategy to make part of your dating plans!
2. Get fixed up. Who knows you better than your friends and loved ones? Most everyone knows a single person that they would love to set up. Women especially love to play matchmaker. This is a top way that people meet people, so don’t be shy and ask away!
Check out three more tips for finding love this fall on YourTango.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- CASTING CALL! TV Shows That Should Come Back With A New Cast!
- Are You A Nice Girl or A Pushover?
- Things Women Think Are Hot But Men Don’t
- Free Drinks Are Never Free: The Price Of Being Thirsty
- You Should Take Things Slow, But How Slow Is Too Slow? 7 Signs You’ve Been Put In The Dreaded “Gray Zone”
- Bison For Life: 10 Famous Ladies Who Went To Howard University
- How I Learned To Stop Expecting My Vagina To Smell Like Roses And Just Loved It For What It Is