Three weeks ago Terrell Owens was set to make a return to the NFL with a one-year, $1 million contract with the Seattle Seahawks. Today, he is just another unemployed brother, because according to the 38-year-old’s tweets, he’s been given the axe.
The wide-receiver posted the news around 2 pm, yesterday, tweeting:
“I’m no longer a Seahawk. I THANK the organization 4 the opportunity, I’m truly blessed beyond belief. My FAITH is intact & will NOT waiver.”
Although the NFL veteran, who hasn’t played in a game since 2010, impressed coaches during workouts, as the Washington Post puts it, “his preseason performance was more notable for the passes he dropped than anything he caught.” Something else T.O. clearly can’t catch is a break, as the former pro has seemingly been on the mend physically, professionally, and financially since his 2010 season with the Cincinnati Bengals. He sat out the entire 2011 season following knee surgery, and unless someone picks him up within the next few days/weeks, he’ll likely be sitting out 2012 too.
Everyone except T.O. seems to see the writing on the wall regarding his NFL career but what’s most unfortunate in all of this is the status of his bank account. With four children and four angry baby mamas — three of which have put him on blast on national TV — Terrell’s problems are not going to end with his football career. It’s time he start looking into a gig as a sports commentator or get some other kinds of endorsements because unless he accepts his time on the turf is done, none of the Owens’ are going to be eating, much less have a roof over their heads.
What do you think about T.O. being cut?
More on Madame Noire!
- CASTING CALL! TV Shows That Should Come Back With A New Cast!
- Are You A Nice Girl or A Pushover?
- Things Women Think Are Hot But Men Don’t
- Free Drinks Are Never Free: The Price Of Being Thirsty
- You Should Take Things Slow, But How Slow Is Too Slow? 7 Signs You’ve Been Put In The Dreaded “Gray Zone”
- Bison For Life: 10 Famous Ladies Who Went To Howard University
- How I Learned To Stop Expecting My Vagina To Smell Like Roses And Just Loved It For What It Is