Surprise Ending: Tameka Loses Custody, Usher Becomes Primary Guardian
What seemed like a never-ending custody battle between Usher and his ex-wife Tameka Raymond has finally come to a close with what is a somewhat surprising ending, in my opinion. According to TMZ, Usher has been awarded primary custody of their two sons.
It’s a shocking development — considering both sides were trying to strip each other of custody. Tameka felt the singer was an absentee father who was too absorbed in his career to be a good dad. She also accused him of using drugs in front of the kids.
Usher argued Tameka was inattentive and irresponsible.
The ruling marks the end of an emotional custody trial — involving wild accusations and name-calling … Usher even broke down at one point on the witness stand.
But today, we’re told a judge sided with the singer — awarding Usher primary custody of the ex-couple’s two sons, which means the children will be spending the majority of the time with their father.
Tameka still retains some custodial rights — but the extent to which Tameka will be able to see her kids is unclear.
Though Tameka has come to be shown as somewhat unstable throughout the custody proceedings, I can’t imagine how the mother must be feeling having just lost her son Kile and to now be losing primary custody of two other sons. Hopefully she and Usher will be able to handle this new arrangement better than they have their custody battle. As for Tameka’s reaction, she said this on Twitter less than an hour ago:
More on Madame Noire!
- How I Learned To Stop Expecting My Vagina To Smell Like Roses And Just Loved It For What It Is
- Bison For Life: 10 Famous Ladies Who Went To Howard University
- Momma Dee on Bicth, Erica, Shay & Scrappy and Judgmental People
- Planet of the Naps: One Woman’s [Satirical] Story
- You Should Take Things Slow, But How Slow Is Too Slow? 7 Signs You’ve Been Put In The Dreaded “Gray Zone”
- Can’t Decide Whether to Stay or Go? Ask Yourself These 7 Questions
- Missed Opportunities: Did I Reject the Wrong Guy?