Forbes has released its list of the top 100 ladies running the world. Among the illustrious women on this list are:
- First Lady Michelle Obama (#7)
- Oprah Winfrey (#11)
- Ursula Burns, CEO of Xerox (#17)
- Beyonce (#32)
- Helene Gayle, CEO of the humanitarian organization CARE (#52)
- Ertharin Cousin, executive director of the United Nations’ World Food Programme
- Joyce Banda, President of Malawi (#71)
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, President of Liberia (#82)
Landing on the top spot for a second year is German Chancellor Angela Merkel, with U.S. Secretary of State (and dutty wine champion) Hillary Clinton at number two. You can check out the full list here.
Be sure to also check out the list of “Women to Watch” (Robin Roberts, the co-anchor of Good Morning America, is among the women on that list) and the list of “Women Changing the World” (supermodel Liye Kebede is making a difference on the issue of maternal health).