Jonathan A. Kirby’s attempt at burglarizing LL Cool J’s home was a huge fail all around. We knew Tuesday that LL busted up the home invader but we had no idea just how bad. According to TMZ, the 56-year-old (who’s still robbing homes at that age?) suffered a broken nose, jaw, and ribs at the hands of LL, and that’s not even the biggest of his concerns.
Kirby has been charged with 1st degree burglary with a person present and the L.A. County District Attorney’s Office has also charged him as a 3rd Strike Offender which means if he’s convicted, he faces a maximum of 38 years to life in prison. According to CNN, “Kirby was previously convicted of voluntary manslaughter in Dallas, Texas, in 1988. He also has auto theft, first degree burglary and a petty theft conviction in Los Angeles on his record.” Given this rap sheet and considering he was caught and detained by LL earlier in the week, his chances of escaping conviction are probably pretty slim.
Prosecutors have asked the judge to set Kirby’s bail at $1.1 million, and CNN says arraignment has not yet been set for the burglar since he’s still in the hospital recovering from the injuries Todd Smith dealt him. I’m sure even without the likely prison conviction, Kirby would have learned his lesson after this. We promise to bring more details (and pics of LL’s muscles as the details unravel).
More on Madame Noire!
- How I Learned To Stop Expecting My Vagina To Smell Like Roses And Just Loved It For What It Is
- Bison For Life: 10 Famous Ladies Who Went To Howard University
- Momma Dee on Bicth, Erica, Shay & Scrappy and Judgmental People
- Planet of the Naps: One Woman’s [Satirical] Story
- You Should Take Things Slow, But How Slow Is Too Slow? 7 Signs You’ve Been Put In The Dreaded “Gray Zone”
- Can’t Decide Whether to Stay or Go? Ask Yourself These 7 Questions
- Missed Opportunities: Did I Reject the Wrong Guy?