Get ready for another season of attractive men, bad story lines and even worse acting because the surprisingly popular VH1 show “Single Ladies” was just renewed for a third season.
VH1 blog announced today that show averaged 3.2 million viewers per night so “there’s no way” they weren’t bringing it back for more.
According to the press release, the show starring LisaRaye McCoy (Keisha), Denise Vasi (Raquel) and Charity Shea (April) as three best friends navigating the dating world in Atlanta continues to be basic cable’s #1 ad-supported regularly scheduled scripted show among women 18-49 over the course of the summer. Of course that could easily be explained by the fact that besides the Olympics, there is literally nothing else on television. However, Single Ladies has real fans. Including, the top people at VH1.
Jeff Olde, Executive Vice President of Original Programming and Production praised the show saying:
“Our viewers’ love affair with ‘Single Ladies’ got even bigger this year, growing significantly from its successful first season and dominating its timeslot on basic cable. We’re extremely happy that we’ll be able to give the audience another great season of the series and its honest, current take on love, dating and female friendship.”
Single Ladies strategically comes on directly after the inexplicably popular reality show “Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta”. For VH1, Monday nights are all about shoddy relationships and overall fantastical lives that are presented as the norm and viewers are loving it.
Unlike the first season, this season of Single Ladies left the drama to the script so all of the main characters are coming back next season. (Sorry Stacey Dash/rest in television peace Val.) So if you’re rooting for Reggie & April or hoping Raquel gets back with Antonio or wondering if Keshia will get back with Malcolm, you have a few months to speculate. Season three will premiere sometime in 2013.
Are you excited to hear the show is coming back?
Follow Alissa on Twitter @AlissaInPink
More on Madame Noire!
- You Know That’s Annoying, Right? 6 Things You’ve Got to Stop Saying to Your Single Friends
- Where Are They Now? The Women of “For the Love of Ray-J”
- Let’s Be Real Here, How Many Baby Showers Does One Mother Need?
- Thank God I Dodged A Bullet! That Feeling You Get When Your Ex Is A Mess
- A Memo To The Ladies of Love & Hip Hop: Commitment In a Relationship Should Never Be Up For Discussion
- Get It Mrs. Hines! Check The Behind-The-Scenes Pics Of Tichina Arnold’s Hawaii Wedding
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Diary of a Mad Black Woman”