Nana Nene Wants Us To Meet Her Adorable “Secret Granddaugter” Bri’asia
You can always tell when the next season of a show is about to debut because the cast members start revealing all sorts of personal things about themselves. Judging from Nene’s feature in “In Touch” magazine, the “Real Housewives of Atlanta” must be close to debuting at least the cast for season 5, because the most outspoken woman on the show has just revealed that she has a “secret granddaughter” no one knew about.
The 2-month-old baby girl, Bri’asia, is the daughter of Nene’s son Bryson, 22, and his girlfriend, Ashley Hill, 21. As shocked as we are to find out the 44-year-old reality TV star and actress is a grandmother, no one is more surprised than she was when she found out she was going to have that new label.
“I only found out about everything because I ran into Ashley when she was more than six months along,” she told “In Touch” in an exclusive interview. “I said, ‘You look pregnant.’ And she said, ‘Hasn’t Bryson told you?’ But he hadn’t because he knew that I wouldn’t approve of him having a child so young.”
Lawd, what is Nene going to do with that child. The new grandmother added:
“I didn’t feel like [Bryson] was ready for such a big responsibility. I was his age when I had him, so I know how tough it is. I didn’t want him to make the same mistakes that I did. I needed to let it sink in.”
Once she saw her little granddaugter’s sweet face it all did.
I always wanted to have a girl,” she said, “and now I have one! She’s just adorable.”
Though Nene and her son can relate to the difficulty of being a young parent, one thing Bryson and his girlfriend won’t have to experience is the financial hardships that come with unexpected pregnancies in your early twenties. As Nene told it:
“I paid for everything in the nursery: the clothing, the diapers. I don’t want her to feel strapped,” she said. And of course, the baby is fancy like her grandma with “little dresses, sparkly headbands, and Gucci shoes”…We just love her,” Nene added.
That’s one lucky little bundle of joy.
More on Madame Noire!
- You Know That’s Annoying, Right? 6 Things You’ve Got to Stop Saying to Your Single Friends
- Where Are They Now? The Women of “For the Love of Ray-J”
- Let’s Be Real Here, How Many Baby Showers Does One Mother Need?
- Thank God I Dodged A Bullet! That Feeling You Get When Your Ex Is A Mess
- A Memo To The Ladies of Love & Hip Hop: Commitment In a Relationship Should Never Be Up For Discussion
- Get It Mrs. Hines! Check The Behind-The-Scenes Pics Of Tichina Arnold’s Hawaii Wedding
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Diary of a Mad Black Woman”