Oh, Mims. I was hoping all the TMZ stories that Mariah Carey is not happy about the rumors she’ll be sharing a stage with Nicki Minaj as a fellow judge on “American Idol” weren’t true, but I think Mimi did herself in with her on tweets (as these stories usually go).
We all know Mariah has a bit of a diva rep and the story is she was expecting to be the only female on the “Idol” judging panel, meaning if Nicki Minaj were to join the show that would be a big no-no in her eyes. Not to mention Nicki’s 29, Mariah’s 42, Mariah still wants to be a hot 20-something (said with love)… you get my drift. You never can be too sure whether anonymous sources are telling the truth or starting drama when it comes to things like this, but considering Mariah is e-campaigning for Lenny Kravitz to join the show, I’m thinking there is some truth here. A couple of days ago she sent out these tweets:
That “what is going on?” tells me she had no clue Nicki was even an option and she is NOT pleased — especially since she suggested someone else for the slot. That was a bold move considering Mariah could have no doubt picked up the phone and got the info she needed from the “Idol” producers rather than hoping on Twitter. A couple of years back Nicki Minaj appeared on Mariah Carey’s track “Up Out My Face,” and it sounds like that’s how Mariah’s attitude might be toward the pink Barbie if they have to do the show together. In the words of their song, if these two ladies hit the stage together, “not even a nail technician with a whole lot of gel and acrylic can fix this.”
More on Madame Noire!
- You Know That’s Annoying, Right? 6 Things You’ve Got to Stop Saying to Your Single Friends
- Where Are They Now? The Women of “For the Love of Ray-J”
- Let’s Be Real Here, How Many Baby Showers Does One Mother Need?
- Thank God I Dodged A Bullet! That Feeling You Get When Your Ex Is A Mess
- A Memo To The Ladies of Love & Hip Hop: Commitment In a Relationship Should Never Be Up For Discussion
- Get It Mrs. Hines! Check The Behind-The-Scenes Pics Of Tichina Arnold’s Hawaii Wedding
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Diary of a Mad Black Woman”