I know TV networks are thirsty for anything that will bring ratings up, but I’d prefer if MTV didn’t try to go The Source Awards route with their upcoming Video Music Awards in LA September 6.
Apparently, Chris Brown, Rihanna, and Drake will all be under one roof for the event, and we already know the potential for something to pop off there is pretty high. Drake and Chris Brown just had a nasty brawl at a NYC club not that long ago that was reportedly over Rihanna; Chris Brown and Rihanna are still some kind of homie-lover-friends; and Rihanna is in Drake’s “Take Care” video which has been nominated for an award. Plus, as a source told Us Weekly:
”Notice Drake and Chris are both up for Best Male Video.”
If Rihanna isn’t enough to get the boys’ testosterone pumping, musical competition definitely will. So where does MTV come into all of this? Well, the source also told Us Weekly:
“They [the network] are hoping a fight breaks out. Ratings galore!”
I need that not to be true just as much as I need both rappers/singers to keep their egos in check in a couple of weeks at the VMAs. I highly doubt either one of them would get so out of control as to show their tails during an award show, but stranger things have happened (see Source Awards reference). Breezy really doesn’t need the negative publicity and I really don’t think the network does either. Let’s just hope this source is lying about MTV’s ratchet wish list.
What do you think?
More on Madame Noire!
- You Know That’s Annoying, Right? 6 Things You’ve Got to Stop Saying to Your Single Friends
- Where Are They Now? The Women of “For the Love of Ray-J”
- Let’s Be Real Here, How Many Baby Showers Does One Mother Need?
- Thank God I Dodged A Bullet! That Feeling You Get When Your Ex Is A Mess
- A Memo To The Ladies of Love & Hip Hop: Commitment In a Relationship Should Never Be Up For Discussion
- Get It Mrs. Hines! Check The Behind-The-Scenes Pics Of Tichina Arnold’s Hawaii Wedding
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Diary of a Mad Black Woman”