Oh, yes. You are seeing right. If Beyonce isn’t enough to make people head to the theater to see Clint Eastwood’s remake of “A Star Is Born,” Bradley Cooper just might. According to Shadow and Act, the “Hangover” actor and former “S[w]exiest man alive,” according to PEOPLE, has been offered the part of Bey’s leading man.
Before you get your hopes all the way up, a source told the site, things are still pretty prelimenary, remarking:
“There is no deal in place and Cooper has a very busy schedule.”
There’s also the issue of several other men seemingly running from this role. Shadow and Act says Russell Crowe, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christian Bale and Tom Cruise all bailed on the part at some point, hinting that just because Bradley’s name is attached to the project now doesn’t mean it’ll really be on final movie posters. In light of these actors turning down the part, S & A also brings up some interesting questions about the remake, like is the script bad, is Beyonce’s star power pushing these men away, or is it her poor acting ability that has turned these top-knotch actors away. I’m thinking it’s probably a combo of all of the above but I’m no psychic.
I wouldn’t mind seeing Beyonce and Brad on-screen together but being honest, I don’t think this film will make any of their acting careers—it might even break it.
What do you think? Can you see B & B doing this movie justice together?
More on Madame Noire!
- I’m Gonna Call It Like I See It: Celebs With No Filter
- Beauty On A Budget: 8 Delicious Drugstore Products You Can’t Live Without
- Secret Lover: Signs He May Be Hiding Something From You
- All The Single Ladies! Grown and Gorgeous Celebs Who Are Single and Satisfied!
- Why I Wish We Would Stop Advising Black Women To Date Outside The Race
- Why I Love Working With Black Women
- Because a Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste: Celebs Who Attended Ivy League Universities