Gabe and Trina have been having problems since we first met them on season 1 of “Braxton Family Values,” and undoubtedly long before. After therapy, infidelity, and everything in between, Trina finally declared that she was going to leave her husband on the last season of the show, but was she for real about it?
In an interview with Vibe.com, she seemed to be proceeding to divorce with (a lot of) caution.
“I am officially separated. I am not officially, or legally, divorced,” she told the site.
“It’s not something that easy to delve into, especially when you have children involved,” Trina added. “So it’s nothing I’m going to jump into lightly. I want to exhaust all of my options, and really think it through and let it be my choice and my decision.
“At the end of the day, people are living their lives and I’m stuck with the decision,” she added.
Can’t get mad at that answer, but it is interesting that all of the sisters (besides Tamar and Traci) seem to have one foot in the divorce door and the other in separation land.
Towanda legally separated from her husband last season but hasn’t made a move toward reconciliation or divorce since, and Toni and her husband have been separated since 2009 and never filed papers. It’s starting to seem like the Braxton sisters may not believe in divorce.
The third season of “Braxton Family Values” kicked off last night so we’ll have to follow the episodes to see just how things go down with Trina and Gabe.
Do you think it’s time for Trina to finalize the divorce?
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: He Proposed…But I Said No
- Because a Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste: Celebs Who Attended Ivy League Universities
- Where Are They Now? 11 Of The Most Rachet, Lovable and Controversial Black Folks From “The Real World”
- I’m Your Woman, Not Your Nanny: The Difference Between Supporting and Enabling a Lazy Man
- Why I Still Rock With Lupe Fiasco…Even Though He Be Talking Crazy
- Once An Abuser, Always An Abuser? Could You Date a Man With A Violent Past?
- Dry Spell You Say? 7 Reasons You and Your Man Aren’t Getting Busy Enough