Low Blow? Usher’s Legal Team Says Tameka Suffers From Mental Disorder
At some point or another, a lot of people have thought Usher’s ex-wife Tameka Raymond was a little crazy, but not necessarily in the medical sense of the word — I don’t think. Well, the same can’t be said of Usher’s legal team who brought in an expert psychologist to lend his opinion of Tameka’s mental state. In a lot of ways, Usher’s lawyers got Tameka to drive the nail in her own coffin, questioning her about less-than affluent times when she wrote bad checks to survive and stole for her and her baby. According to Rhymes with Snitch Tameka testified:
“Yes, I stole things. Please, I stole diapers before. I’ve gone in 7-Eleven and stolen diapers out of the store. I admit it, I was 19 years old, I’m not proud of it. I wouldn’t do it now.
“When I lost my jobs and didn’t have work, it was me and my crying baby at home. Just the two of us.”
At 41-years-old and a two-time industry man divorcee, Tameka certainly has no need for stealing diapers now, but that doesn’t mean her mind isn’t still in the wrong place, let Usher’s people tell it. In their closing arguments, they brought up testimony from a licensed psychologist who determined that Tameka suffers from:
“moderately severe mental disorder.”
I certainly hope those remarks came from a true expert and weren’t just a last-ditch effort to place the odds of obtaining full custody of his kids in Usher’s complete favor. Either way, these two have been in court long enough that a judge should be able to see-through the legal trick if that’s the case. If Tameka really is dealing with a mental disorder of some kind, that no doubt would have shown up in one of their numerous court proceedings. Despite Tameka seemingly putting Usher through the ringer during this custody battle, and him doing the same, it seems really insensitive to throw out this allegation, particularly after she lost her son just last month.
What do you think about this mental disorder allegation?
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: He Proposed…But I Said No
- Because a Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste: Celebs Who Attended Ivy League Universities
- Where Are They Now? 11 Of The Most Rachet, Lovable and Controversial Black Folks From “The Real World”
- I’m Your Woman, Not Your Nanny: The Difference Between Supporting and Enabling a Lazy Man
- Why I Still Rock With Lupe Fiasco…Even Though He Be Talking Crazy
- Once An Abuser, Always An Abuser? Could You Date a Man With A Violent Past?
- Dry Spell You Say? 7 Reasons You and Your Man Aren’t Getting Busy Enough