By Terrance Dean
Jermaine Jackson offers a keenly observed memoir tracing his younger brother’s life starting from their shared childhood and extending through the Jackson 5 years, Michael’s phenomenal solo career, his loves, his suffering, and his tragic end. Now in paperback, YOU ARE NOT ALONE MICHAEL: Through A Brother’s Eyes (Touchstone Paperback; August 2012; $16.00)is a sophisticated, no holds-barred examination of the man, aimed at fostering a true and final understanding of who Michael Jackson was and what shaped him and his music.
In this raw, honest, and poignant account, Jermaine reveals the real Michael as only a brother can, focusing on the private person behind “the King of Pop” persona. This is the unique up close and personal perspective of the brother who was closest to Michael; who shared a bunk-bed, a dream, a stage and childhood fame as well as tears, tantrums, laughter, pranks, and innermost thoughts.
Read more at hellobeautiful.com
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? 11 Of The Most Rachet, Lovable and Controversial Black Folks From “The Real World”
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: He Got Someone Else Pregnant But Says He Wants to Be With Me
- So,You Acted a Fool, Now What? 6 Ways to Move Past Your Spazz Out
- I’m Your Woman, Not Your Nanny: The Difference Between Supporting and Enabling a Lazy Man
- Why I Prefer the Company of Men Over Women
- Don’t Mess With Her! 6 of Aretha Franklin’s Most Diva-ish Moments
- They Said What Now!? 7 Songs That Don’t Mean What You Think They Do…