We’ve seen enough reality TV shows by now to know that this genre of TV typically makes nobody’s into celebrities and breaks pseudo-celebrities, turning them into hasbeens. When it comes to Atlanta rapper 2 Chainz, he looked at those stats and said “not I.”
The man formerly known as Tity Boi has been on his rap grind ever since he formed the group Playaz Circle back in 1997, and right now he’s arguably one of the hottest rappers in the south, particularly Atlanta. He clearly didn’t need LHHATL to get on, but that didn’t stop Mona and her people from trying, he says.
“They tried numerous amounts of times to get me on that show,” he told 92Q Rap Attack during an interview. “There’s no gray area there, it kind of makes you or breaks you when you do those things and I just didn’t want to have anything to do with it.”
Besides, he said:
“They just gone be in your girls’ face, with another girl, talking bout another girl. Man please.”
Somebody’s obviously seen an episode or two.
I’m pretty sure given his current success and the reaction that’s followed “Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta,” 2 Chainz can chalk up his decision to turn down the show as one of the better moves of his career. I do have one question though. Since he’s obviously the hip-hop portion in the equation, I’m curious just who his girl is.
Would you have wanted to see 2 Chainz on LHHATL?
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? 11 Of The Most Rachet, Lovable and Controversial Black Folks From “The Real World”
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: He Got Someone Else Pregnant But Says He Wants to Be With Me
- So,You Acted a Fool, Now What? 6 Ways to Move Past Your Spazz Out
- I’m Your Woman, Not Your Nanny: The Difference Between Supporting and Enabling a Lazy Man
- Why I Prefer the Company of Men Over Women
- Don’t Mess With Her! 6 of Aretha Franklin’s Most Diva-ish Moments
- They Said What Now!? 7 Songs That Don’t Mean What You Think They Do…