It’s still raining awfully heavily in Ochocinco-Lozada land. Just when it seemed like Chad might still have at least one source of income, an endorsement deal he had with Zico coconut water was yanked right out from under him less than a month after he signed on the dotted line July 25.
A rep for Zico released a statement yesterday which read:
“In light of recent events involving Mr. Johnson, we have decided to terminate our relationship. The values we espouse, through our employees, our customers and our brand, are central to our mission. We have taken this proactive step to demonstrate just how important those values are.”
In other words, they don’t support cheating and headbutting of any kind.
I’m not sure if Chad has anything else to lose after parting with his wife, his team, his show, and his endorsement deal all in a matter of four or five days, but for some reason I don’t feel safe saying the former Dolphins player has officially hit rock bottom. I wouldn’t be surprised if this turned into a Terrell Owens situation with the mothers of his children ganging up on him if he can’t manage to keep up his child support payment given his current economic situation.
On Twitter, Chad’s avatar (below) reflects the tight situation he’s found himself in, and his daughter, who appears to be his spitting image even in a blurred photo, has also spoken out about her dad’s situation.
It might be too late for Chad and Ev to forgive and forget, but her gesture was sweet.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? 11 Of The Most Rachet, Lovable and Controversial Black Folks From “The Real World”
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: He Got Someone Else Pregnant But Says He Wants to Be With Me
- So,You Acted a Fool, Now What? 6 Ways to Move Past Your Spazz Out
- I’m Your Woman, Not Your Nanny: The Difference Between Supporting and Enabling a Lazy Man
- Why I Prefer the Company of Men Over Women
- Don’t Mess With Her! 6 of Aretha Franklin’s Most Diva-ish Moments
- They Said What Now!? 7 Songs That Don’t Mean What You Think They Do…