Wayne Brady rolled into dangerous 50 Cent territory the other night. I’m not talking Southside Jamaica, Queens, get shot nine times in front of your house danger, I’m talking making a reference to special needs individuals while cracking a joke in public.
The “Let’s Make a Deal” host was a part of Comedy Central’s recent roast of Roseanne Barr, but the laughs died down a bit when Wayne turned the jokes on fellow comedian Jeff Ross. He told the stand-up comic:
“Now the thing is Jeff … these are all jokes, and I really like you. I really, really like you. But a lot of people hate you, especially Sarah Palin because you remind her of what Trig is going to look like when he’s 40.”
There were some laughs from the crowd — and Jeff— but they were drowned out by the overpowering boos. Wayne Brady didn’t care though, he got a little buck in his response and told the audience
“Oh, now you boo me? F**k y’all. I don’t want to hear that. These people say all of this s**t about me, and you boo me because of Trig?”
When 50 made his special ed joke about kids with autism, Holly Robinson Peete diplomatically put him in his place with an open letter. So far, no on has come for Wayne Brady’s head, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they do.
What do you think about his joke, fair game or too much?
More on Madame Noire!
- Don’t Mess With Her! 6 of Aretha Franklin’s Most Diva-ish Moments
- Faster, Slower, More, Less: What She’s Really Trying To Tell You In Bed
- Madame on the Street: Should You Live Together Before Marriage?
- Do You Suffer From I Just Want To Prove He’ll Put a Ring On It Disease?
- Is There Such Thing as Reproductive Abuse?
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making Of House Party
- They Said What Now!? 7 Songs That Don’t Mean What You Think They Do…