In a world of nearly daily disses between the likes of Azealia Banks, Iggy Azalea, Nicki Minaj, and Lil Kim, it was starting to seem like all female rappers could do was beef with one another. But Nicki Minaj proved otherwise when she pulled “ill nana” rapper Foxy Brown out of the woodworks and on to the stage during her free concert in NYC last night.
Nicki had promised her fans a free event after she pulled out of Summer Jam because she felt disrespected by Hot 97′s DJ, and she held up her end of the bargain for two hours at the Roseland Ballroom Tuesday. Nicki and Foxy hit the stage together since Foxy was also supposed to perform as the ‘Roman Reloaded” rapper’s guest during Summer Jam, and at one point, Nicki took to the mic to show her love her Foxy, saying:
“I want to thank you for being one of my biggest influences in the game…there isn’t a female rapper in the world who has opened more doors for me than you.”
Foxy also promised that she’s coming back for her fans. Check out the female MC love below. Do you want to see Foxy get back in the game?
More on Madame Noire!
- Don’t Mess With Her! 6 of Aretha Franklin’s Most Diva-ish Moments
- Faster, Slower, More, Less: What She’s Really Trying To Tell You In Bed
- Madame on the Street: Should You Live Together Before Marriage?
- Do You Suffer From I Just Want To Prove He’ll Put a Ring On It Disease?
- Is There Such Thing as Reproductive Abuse?
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making Of House Party
- They Said What Now!? 7 Songs That Don’t Mean What You Think They Do…