Everybody is in love with 16-year-old gymnast Gabby Douglas, including the First Lady. Last night, Gabby and Michelle Obama shared the spotlight on “The Tonight Show” with Jay Leno, showing off the personalities that made us fall in love with both of them in the first place.
When Leno asked Gabby how she celebrated her gold-medal winning performance during the Olympics, her answer was a bit surprising.
“I splurged on an Egg McMuffin at McDonald’s!”
Shocked that that was it, Jay Leno asked, “An Egg McMuffin?” And that’s when Michelle Obama, known for her healthy eating campaign, stepped in.
“Yeah, Gabby, don’t encourage him,” the FLOTUS joked. “I’m sure it was on a whole wheat McMuffin.”
Eating habits aside, Leno also asked Gabby what it really feels like to be an Olympic champion and if the reality of that position is different than what she imagined. The always poised medalist replied:
“I think it’s very different, and when I mean `different’ it’s in a better way,” she said. “I mean, I never thought I would be doing the show with the first lady, or even you, Jay.”
I’m sure there will be a lot more opportunities like that down the line. Check out the clip of Mrs. O and Gabby below. Did you catch this last night?
More on Madame Noire!
- Golden Boys: A Final Look At Olympics Cuties From Across The World!
- Evening Eye Candy: Channing Tatum
- Keep The Kisses Coming! Why Couples Should Never Stop Smooching
- Men Are Like Chips, You Can’t Have Just One: The 5 Boos You Need In Your Life
- Exposing An Ugly Reality: K. Michelle and Mimi Star In Domestic Violence PSAs
- Single Black Male: Why Do Men Mislead Women?
- Candid Carters: Beyonce Posts Personal Family Pics On Tumblr