The week leading up to the big wedding day is said to be one of the most trying periods of any couple’s relationship, but a Pennsylvania pair was only a mere hours away from being wed in holy matrimony when it all went completely downhill.
Instead of being pronounced Mrs. Billy Rafael Brewster Saturday, 31-year-old Na Cola Darcel Franklin was placed under arrest for stabbing her fiancee—and subsequently murdering him—inside their apartment. According to Good Morning America/Yahoo News:
[A]t some point during the night, Franklin and Brewster began arguing,Steve Luksa, first deputy to the Lehigh County District Attorney, told ABCNews.com.
In the heat of the argument, Franklin allegedly stabbed Brewster twice with a kitchen knife, police said.
“One of the stab wounds punctured his heart,” Luksa said.
When police arrived at the apartment, shortly after 2 a.m., they found Brewster bleeding from chest wounds on the second floor landing.
He was transported to the Lehigh County Trauma center and pronounced dead at 3:24 a.m., less than seven hours before the wedding.
Luksa said the couple was not alone in the apartment when the stabbing took place. The couple’s children, and extended family members were also present because of the impending nuptials.
Franklin was arrested and charged with one count of criminal homicide, Luksa said.
During her arraignment Saturday afternoon, Franklin told District Judge Donna Butler, “You got to check again,” unable to comprehend that Brewster was dead, the Allentown Morning Call reported. She cried, rocked herself back and forth and eventually choked out, “I … did … not … kill … him … on … purpose.”
Despite all of the bystanders during the altercation, extended family members have yet to speak up about what sparked the heated argument or why they didn’t intervene before things took a drastic turn for the worst. Franklin may have accidentally killed her husband but the stabbing was clearly on purpose. So far, the former bride-to-be is being held without bail with no expectation of ever walking down an aisle any time in the future.
More on Madame Noire!
- Golden Boys: A Final Look At Olympics Cuties From Across The World!
- Say It Ain’t So! Chad Johnson Arrested for Headbutting Evelyn Lozada
- Show ‘Em What You Working With! Video Vixens Who’ve Moved On From Shaking It Fast!
- Men Are Like Chips, You Can’t Have Just One: The 5 Boos You Need In Your Life
- The Good Guy Allergies: Why Is It That Good Guys Bore Me?
- Somebody Lied to You And Your Lacefront: 9 Celebs Who Need a Lacefront Wig Intervention
- Bajan, Baby! 10 Of Our Favorite Celebrities of Barbadian Descent (And A Few Random Surprises…)