Anita Baker may not be front and center of the mainstream music scene anymore but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t still have it. The soul singer with the sultry jazz voice that gave us hits like “I apologize,” “Body and Soul,” and “Giving You The Best That I Got” is back at it and giving us something you don’t often hear of. New artists are notorious for remaking old classics, but Anita took a song from a newer artist and decided to make it her own.
Many women fell in love with Tyrese’s 1999 hit “Lately” but now Anita is throwing her own contralto take on the semi-old school hit. Take a listen and tell us what you think. Whose version are you feeling most?
More on Madame Noire!
- Are They Related? 10 Sets of Celebrities Who Look Way Too Much Alike
- Woo Woo Woo: 8 Celebs Who Really Need A Hug
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: When Should I Introduce Him to My Son?
- Yeezy and His “Perfect B****” Are a Perfect Match: The Importance of Dating Someone With The Same Values
- LOL! The Funniest “Love & Hip Hop Atlanta” Parody Ever In Life
- Somebody Lied to You And Your Lacefront: 9 Celebs Who Need a Lacefront Wig Intervention
- Lolo Jones and Her Pretty Girl Problem