By Debi Silber
Maintaining an active, healthy lifestyle is not only important for your body, but for your soul, as well. Below are ten simple steps that will get you the lean, sleek and energetic body you crave and will keep you nourished and happy.
1. Create an exercise plan. If you’re not seeing results from your exercise routine, it’s time to kick it up a notch. How about throwing in a few intervals, completing high intensity bursts of movement, trying a new type of cardio routine or changing your running route? The key to exercise results is consistency along with a dose of “muscle confusion.” When muscles don’t know what to expect, they react. This leads to a sleek, toned look and a faster metabolism.
2. Visit your local farmer. Now is the time to search out where your local farmers are so you can enjoy the freshest fruits and vegetables without any of the chemicals, herbicides and pesticides that are found on many supermarket varieties of produce. Don’t know where they are?
Get more tips for obtaining that perfect beach body at yourtango.com
More on Madame Noire!
- Somebody Lied to You And Your Lacefront: 9 Celebs Who Need a Lacefront Wig Intervention
- An Open Letter To Boob Sweat
- Why Are There So Many Daycare Facilities in the ‘Hood?
- Keep It Movin’: Why You Need To Resist The Temptation of Relationship Relapse
- LOL! The Funniest “Love & Hip Hop Atlanta” Parody Ever In Life
- Rest In Peace…Or Not: 9 Posthumous Albums We Loved, And Some We Could Have Lived Without
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of Juice