When Sherman Hemsley passed away late last month, his death was a shock to everyone. Though “The Jefferson’s” actor had been somewhat out of the spotlight for a while, his sudden passing at 74 seemed odd given no one was aware of any health complications. The El Paso, Texas, resident did in fact have them though, as TMZ reports he was suffering from lung cancer.
”According to the Postmortem Report, obtained by TMZ, the primary cause of death is listed as “superior vena cava syndrome” — a complication resulting from a mass on Sherman’s lung.
“According to the report, Sherman had been advised to get chemo and radiation therapy before he succumbed to his illness. It’s unclear if Sherman was a smoker.”
As we mentioned when Sherman passed July 24, he had no wife or children and it doesn’t appear any other relatives released a statement on his passing. His obituary in both the LA Times and New York Times noted “Information on survivors was not immediately available.”
Perhaps Sherman decided not to endure the pain of chemo and embrace death rather than try to sustain his life battling this disease.
More on Madame Noire!
- Somebody Lied to You And Your Lacefront: 9 Celebs Who Need a Lacefront Wig Intervention
- An Open Letter To Boob Sweat
- Why Are There So Many Daycare Facilities in the ‘Hood?
- Keep It Movin’: Why You Need To Resist The Temptation of Relationship Relapse
- LOL! The Funniest “Love & Hip Hop Atlanta” Parody Ever In Life
- Rest In Peace…Or Not: 9 Posthumous Albums We Loved, And Some We Could Have Lived Without
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of Juice