Insurance Company Sues Trayvon Martin’s Mother
Trayvon Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton is being sued by Travelers Casualty and Surety Company of America–an insurance company trying to remove themselves from any responsibility of the unarmed teen’s death at the hands of George Zimmerman, according to an attorney for Martin’s family. Not only did the insurance company come for Fulton, they came for the The Retreat at Twin Lakes Homeowner’s Association–the gated community Martin was fatally shot in.
According to the Huffington Post, Travelers Casualty and Surety Company of America claims that it is not responsible to defend the homeowners association because of various clauses in the association’s policy, specifically a “wrongful act” exclusion. Benjamin Crump, the Martin family attorney told HuffPo, “It’s real simple: They are filing against the homeowners association and Sybrina because we are making a claim against them.”
Read the rest of this story over at HelloBeautiful.com
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of Juice
- So Serena Williams’ Victory C-Walk Is a Controversy Now?
- Evening Eye Candy: The Pretty, Hot and Tempting Men Of Track & Field In The 2012 Olympics
- MN Exclusive: Singer Leela James on Her Start in Music and Etta James
- Tatyana Ali, A.K.A. “Mona O’Neil” Goes In On VH1 Reality TV Producers
- Did You Know They Dated? Part II: 11 MORE Surprising Secret Lovers and Boos We Didn’t Know About
- 7 Black Celebrities Who Suprisingly Practice or Dabbled In Scientology