TV One’s new reality show “R&B Divas” looks like it might be the perfect mix between “Real Housewives” and “Hollywood Exes” with women grown enough not to throw fists or drinks at one another but entertaining enough to keep our attention. The show will make it’s season debut August 20 and the trailer foreshadows good reality TV in the making.
Episodes follow R&B singers Faith Evans, Nicci Gilbert, Syleena Johnson, Monifah and KeKe Wyatt’s professional lives as well as their personal relationships. From the promo, it seems KeKe may have some trouble balancing her marriage with her career, not unlike Rasheeda and Kirk on LHHATL perhaps. Monifah also makes a surprising revelation that she’s in a relationship with another woman and struggles with her daughter Akemi’s lack of acceptance of her sexual orientation. Though for most of us, we’ll see this exposure as her “coming out” so to speak, the “Touch It” singer told Essence in it’s September issue she doesn’t see it that way.
“I hate the term,” she says, “because I’ve never been anything but who I am and I’ve lived my authentic life.”
It’ll be cool to see how that authenticity plays out in front of the cameras. Check out the season trailer here. Will you watch the debut August 20th on TV One?
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Black Celebrities Who Suprisingly Practice or Dabbled In Scientology
- HOLD TIGHT! 10 Clutch Worthy Handbags under $100
- Fascinating Friends: Surprising Celebrity Friendships..We Almost Forgot About!
- “Give Her Half or Go Half on a Baby? – Questions Of Being a Father vs. Being a Husband
- Black Girls Do Swim, And 13-Year-Old Olympian Adzo Kpossi Proves It
- Did You Know They Dated? Part II: 11 MORE Surprising Secret Lovers and Boos We Didn’t Know About
- Things That Freak Me Out: Men Who Pretend to Be Perfect