At the beginning of the year, Mary Mary singer Erica Campbell welcomed a little girl into the world and now her sister Tina has given birth to a healthy baby boy. According to Essence.com, baby Santana Campbell arrived at 9:16 am Saturday morning in Los Angeles weighing 7lbs, 5 oz and measuring 19.5 inches long.
“With the biggest grin plastered across his face, my husband and proud dad, Teddy, held my hand, as I cried tears of joy when my doctor handed me our new son,” the new mom told the site.
“After nine challenging months of carrying our son, every second of it all became so worth it, in this moment. We’re so privileged to have, once again, experienced the gift of childbirth.”
Santana definitely has a lot of love around him, joining four siblings in the Campbell household, Cierra, 18, Laiah Simone, 8, Meela Jane, 5, and Glendon Theodore, II, 3. He’ll also share a birth year with Erica’s daughter Zaya who was born January 24.
If you’re a fan of Mary Mary’s reality show, you know the sisters were very apprehensive about the timing of their pregnancies and how they would affect their singing careers. Now that both have given birth they should be back at the music soon. Congrats Tina and Teddy!
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Black Celebrities Who Suprisingly Practice or Dabbled In Scientology
- HOLD TIGHT! 10 Clutch Worthy Handbags under $100
- Fascinating Friends: Surprising Celebrity Friendships..We Almost Forgot About!
- “Give Her Half or Go Half on a Baby? – Questions Of Being a Father vs. Being a Husband
- Black Girls Do Swim, And 13-Year-Old Olympian Adzo Kpossi Proves It
- Did You Know They Dated? Part II: 11 MORE Surprising Secret Lovers and Boos We Didn’t Know About
- Things That Freak Me Out: Men Who Pretend to Be Perfect