Another Hollywood marriage has hit the rocks. TMZ is reporting that Motown legend Stevie Wonder has filed for divorce from his wife of 11 years citing irreconcilable differences.
According to the papers, Wonder has been separated from wife Kai Millard Morris since October 2009.
Wonder filed the divorce papers using his legal name, Stevland Morris, and signed with two fingerprints.
In the docs, filed by disso-queen Laura Wasser, Wonder asks for joint custody of the couple’s two boys, ages 10 and 7.
In the docs, Wonder agrees to pay both spousal and child support.
Kai is a fashion designer who married Stevie in 2001. The couple’s oldest son Kailand occasionally performs as a drummer on stage with Stevie and the younger son, Mandla Kadjay Carl Stevland Morris, shares his dad’s birthday of May 13.
So far, there’s no word on what sparked the separation or subsequent divorce, but this will mark the end of Stevie’s second marriage. In 1972 he divorced his first wife of two years, Motown singer Syreeta Wright.
More on Madame Noire!
- Things That Freak Me Out: Men Who Pretend to Be Perfect
- Reality TV Repeat Offenders: 8 People Who’ve Been On Multiple Reality Shows
- Jasmine Diaz, Founder of the Shawn Mackenzi Agency, On the Business of Matchmaking
- “You’ll Find Love When You Stop Looking” And Other Advice To Ignore
- Cut It Out! The Ridiculous Discussion Surrounding Gabby Douglas’ Hair
- Did You Know They Dated? Part II: 11 MORE Surprising Secret Lovers and Boos We Didn’t Know About
- Where Are They Now: The Men of “I Love New York 1 & 2″