K. Michelle made it clear on Monday night’s episode of “Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta” that she likes a man who’s a little thugged out, and though Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte may look innocent from the outside, that iced-out American flag grill he sported over the weekend had many thinking he might just be right up the reality TV star’s alley. But after lots of suspect tweets and pics of these two started hitting the Internet, K. Michelle denied any romantic relationship and claimed the 27-year-old New Yorker is just a good friend. Her rep said in a statement to The YBF:
“K. Michelle and Ryan Lochte are just great friends who support one another. Ryan and K. Michelle have known one another for some time, and their relationship is nothing more but wonderful and supporting friends in each other’s career.”
Speculation started with MediaTakeout, of course, saying that the pair had been seen out and about at tons of events looking quite cozy and even suggested Ryan—and his mama who boldy defended her son’s singleness—have denied that they’re dating because K. Michelle’s hood persona wouldn’t be good for his image. Rude. The aspiring singer isn’t too worried about all the nonsense though, she followed up her rep’s statement on the rumored relationship with this tweet:
“This is so out the blue and old news. I am single. I have friends and I support their endeavors! #carryon”
And carry on we will. Do you think K and Ryan would have made a cute couple though?
More on Madame Noire!
- Did You Know They Dated? Part II: 11 MORE Surprising Secret Lovers and Boos We Didn’t Know About
- Chop You in Your Trachea and 6 other K. Michelle Catch Phrases
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Stalker Boyfriends & Triflin Man Heauxes
- Brown Girls In The Nude: Neutral Lipstick Shades for Us
- Cut It Out! The Ridiculous Discussion Surrounding Gabby Douglas’ Hair
- Komon Ou Ye? 9 Of Our Favorite Celebs of Haitian Descent (And A Few Surprises Of Course!)
- Where Are They Now: The Men of “I Love New York 1 & 2″