We were all sort of figuring reality TV networks would come knocking on the Jackson’s door—if they could get on the premises—offering them a show based on all of the craziness that’s transpired between them in the past couple of weeks, but who knew Latoya would be the one chosen? News has just surfaced that the only sibling whose name hasn’t been thrown into the recent custody battle has landed a reality gig and it will be on OWN of all networks.
“Michael Jackson’s sister will be the focus of a new show called Life With LaToya – a fly-on-the-wall series focusing on the singer’s relationship with her famous family and friends as well as her business pursuits.” the Toronto Sun reports.
“Jackson says in a statement, ‘I am so pleased to be working with television legend Oprah Winfrey and to be a part of the OWN family. This will be one of the most exciting adventures of my life.’”
If memory serves me correctly, LaToya is no stranger to using her siblings’ fame to create a name for herself. In 1991, she dropped the bombshell autobiography La Toya: Growing Up in the Jackson Family, which accused Joe Jackson of being abusive, and her stints with Playboy and potential adult films didn’t rub the rest of her family too well. Hopefully at 56, she’s learned to be a little more discreet about personal matters, particularly as she’s called for privacy surrounding her family’s current dealings and said the drama is ruining the family name.
OWN co-president Sheri Salata said the docuseries has been in development for months and will debut some time in 2013. Hopefully this nasty custody situation is wrapped up by then. Who plans on watching?
More on Madame Noire!
- Did You Know They Dated? Part II: 11 MORE Surprising Secret Lovers and Boos We Didn’t Know About
- Chop You in Your Trachea and 6 other K. Michelle Catch Phrases
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Stalker Boyfriends & Triflin Man Heauxes
- Brown Girls In The Nude: Neutral Lipstick Shades for Us
- Cut It Out! The Ridiculous Discussion Surrounding Gabby Douglas’ Hair
- Komon Ou Ye? 9 Of Our Favorite Celebs of Haitian Descent (And A Few Surprises Of Course!)
- Where Are They Now: The Men of “I Love New York 1 & 2″