Bey will usually drop a mini-documentary every now and then to build hype around a new album or single, but according to the LA Times, she has her eyes set on a feature length documentary showcasing the life and times of hers truly.
“Knowles and her representatives at agency ICM have in recent weeks been shopping a nonfiction film to Hollywood studios about the celebrity’s life and career,” LA Times reports.
According to a person familiar with the package who was not authorized to talk about it publicly, the movie is a mix of music and personal study, blending concert footage with confessional interview. Knowles not only stars in the project but is directing it, and will also serve as a producer. About 20 minutes of footage has been shown to distributors.”
Though a rep didn’t get back to the LA Times to comment on the news, it’s hard to imagine a studio turning this opportunity down. The Beyhive is probably more than ready to purchase a ticket to Bey, the movie, and even the Beyhaters will likely see what all the hype is about just to have something to talk about. If the goal is to make money, this is a win-win for all involved. Besides, entertainer documentaries are becoming the new trend in Hollywood. Justin Beiber had mega-success with his 2011 ”Never Say Never” documentary which became the highest grossing music concert movie since 1984. Katy Perry’s “Part of Me” just dropped last month, and though sales haven’t been great—taking in just $24 million so far—King/Queen Bey will no doubt eclipse that opening day.
Beyonce left a cryptic message on her website last week to get ready to leave your footprint August 19. No one knows for sure just what the multi-platform artist will unveil that day but she’s clearly ready to leave her mark in the documentary realm by directing, staring, and producing her own life for the big screen.
Would you check out a feature-length documentary on Beyonce?
More on Madame Noire!
- Did You Know They Dated? Part II: 11 MORE Surprising Secret Lovers and Boos We Didn’t Know About
- Chop You in Your Trachea and 6 other K. Michelle Catch Phrases
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Stalker Boyfriends & Triflin Man Heauxes
- Brown Girls In The Nude: Neutral Lipstick Shades for Us
- Cut It Out! The Ridiculous Discussion Surrounding Gabby Douglas’ Hair
- Komon Ou Ye? 9 Of Our Favorite Celebs of Haitian Descent (And A Few Surprises Of Course!)
- Where Are They Now: The Men of “I Love New York 1 & 2″