Jennifer: Is being Married the New Single? I keep getting approached by Married Men. #RealTalk
D.Y: Jennifer: Being married isn’t the new single, but “being a trifilin man ho” is the old and new “being a triflin man ho.”
Desiree: What do you do when your in laws are in your business and your husband never says anything?
D.Y: Tell your husband that if he doesn’t say something to them about it, you will.
Lerato: Between a man and woman, who do you suppose should run/manage/lead a relationship? And please explain your point of view.
D.Y: I think relationships should be like sports teams, where different people bring different skillsets to achieve a higher purpose. With that being said, teams do have captains, and in a romantic relationship, for various sociological and biological reasons, it seems to work better if the man is the captain. The woman just has to make certain she doesn’t allow herself to be led by a shitty captain.
Victoria: Should a partner be trusted after waiting until love is involved to tell someone that they have a mental illness? And is it possible for them to genuinely love you
D.Y: Yeah, those types of potentially serious issues need to be disclosed before things get serious. Honestly, I think that’s grounds for relationship annulment.
Marge: If you love your partner but don’t trust them and communication is non existant should you at least try 2 work on the relationship or let it drown?
D.Y: Without trust and communication, what else is there? At that point, you’re basically just dinner and Fawk buddies.
Pittsburgh native Damon Young (aka “The Champ”) is the co-founder of the ridiculously popular VerySmartBrothas.com. Their first book “Your Degrees Won’t Keep You Warm At Night: The Very Smart Brothas Guide To Dating, Mating and Fighting Crime” is available at Amazon.com
If you have a relationship question you would like Damon to answer, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or join us on our Facebook page on Wednesdays at 1 pm.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now: The Men of “I Love New York 1 & 2″
- The Duality of the Emcee or Why I Don’t Like Wale Anymore
- When Famous Stars Play Famous People: Who Killed It On-Screen And Who Was A Mess?
- Brown Girls In The Nude: Neutral Lipstick Shades for Us
- When Did “Candy Rain” Become Old School??? How I Realized I Was Getting Too Old For The Club
- Komon Ou Ye? 9 Of Our Favorite Celebs of Haitian Descent (And A Few Surprises Of Course!)
- Cute Kid Alert: The Bosh Family Do It Big In Italy, Anthony Hamilton’s Newborn, and Much More!