I know a lot of people were on the fence about Chris Bosh’s ex-girlfriend applying for food stamps after claiming the $2,600 she receives each month in child support isn’t enough for her and her child to survive, but the Miami Heat player is going to extreme lengths not to help Allison Mathis, not to mention his own daughter out, as she struggles with being unemployed.
The Miami Herald has uncovered court documents Chris filed in Orlando claiming he is actually a resident of Texas, not Florida. Why? Supposedly to avoid an increase in child support. Despite having a 12,000-square-foot home with a Biscayne Bay view that he bought in 2010 for $12.5 million, Chris wants the courts to believe he really lives in a 1,900-square-foot house in a lower middle class suburb of Dallas worth about $73,000. The Herald put the $18 million annual salary-earning NBA star on blast, writing:
“It’s all about the benjamins. Bosh, 28, is trying to hold on to an order from a judge in his native Dallas that he pay $2,600-a-month for the little girl he had with former live-in girlfriend Allison Mathis.
“Should he be declared a Florida resident, Bosh — who is now married and has a son with his wife — could be ordered to pay 3 percent of his monthly take home pay, about $30,000 a month!”
That would definitely change Allison’s tune, but in the same way that Chris halted her earning potential by blocking her from joining “Basketball Wives,” he’s also working overtime to make sure she never sees that $30K/month. Allison’s attorney, Jane E. Carey, said:
“He’s fighting like a dog to remain a Texas resident. It is just not true that he lives in Texas. Even his son was born [in May] in Miami.”
A hearing on the matter has been scheduled for late August and I imagine Chris will be spending ample time in the lone star state between now and then to keep up his Texan charade. Somehow, I’m fairly certain a judge will still be able to see right through it.
What do you think about Chris’ move? Is he right to try to stop Allison from getting more child support?
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now: The Men of “I Love New York 1 & 2″
- The Duality of the Emcee or Why I Don’t Like Wale Anymore
- When Famous Stars Play Famous People: Who Killed It On-Screen And Who Was A Mess?
- Brown Girls In The Nude: Neutral Lipstick Shades for Us
- When Did “Candy Rain” Become Old School??? How I Realized I Was Getting Too Old For The Club
- Komon Ou Ye? 9 Of Our Favorite Celebs of Haitian Descent (And A Few Surprises Of Course!)
- Cute Kid Alert: The Bosh Family Do It Big In Italy, Anthony Hamilton’s Newborn, and Much More!