Tia Mowry seemed quite confident in her decision to leave “The Game” earlier this year—much to the disappointment of the show’s fans—but it appears she had good reason. Just two-and-a-half months after making her announcement, she’s already got a new gig. According to Deadline, she’s in negotiations to star in a new show on Nickelodeon titled, “Instant Mom.”
Instant Mom, from Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment, was written by Warren Bell and Jessica Butler loosely based on their real life. It centers on a 25-year-old party girl (Mowry) who trades in cosmos for carpools when she marries an older man with kids. Bell, Butler and Kaplan executive produce the project, which intends to cast an all-black family.
This role will definitely be a switch from her character Melanie on BET, but maybe Tia already saw the writing on the wall with “The Game” or she didn’t like the direction her character was going in. It’s also possible she just wanted to challenge herself, or be a part of a show her son Cree can get into one day. The possible explanations are endless but the big thing is she’s still a working actress. Kudos to her for landing something so quickly. This working mother might have to put baby number two on hold for a little bit longer.
What do you think about Tia in this new role?
More on Madame Noire!
- Komon Ou Ye? 9 Of Our Favorite Celebs of Haitian Descent (And A Few Surprises Of Course!)
- Breaking Down the Point of a Protective Hairstyle: What Exactly Should You Be Protecting?
- When Famous Stars Play Famous People: Who Killed It On-Screen And Who Was A Mess?
- If It’s Broke, Fix It: Why Some Friendships Are Worth Sticking Out
- Consider This: Put The Odds In Your Favor And Date The Next Guy You Meet
- Shoe Shine: Must-Have Metallic Sandals and Pumps