We like the sound of this—and the direction “American Idol” is going in. After learning Mariah Carey was officially joining the next season of “American Idol” as a judge, stories started swirling that Toni Braxton could be her counterpart on the reality singing competition. Now another name we love is being thrown into the mix—Pharrell Williams.
According to Us Weekly:
“Everything is looking good, but they’re still working out details.”
Pharrell is a mega-talented producer who has knocked out hits for everybody from Snoop Dog and Jay-Z, to Brittney Spears, Justin Timberlake, and Gwen Stefani. He would no doubt be an excellent judge of true talent—and would probably let people down easily. Us Weekly says he and teen star Nick Jonas are currently the front runners to fill the two vacant spots on the judging panel alongside Mariah which might be a better look for the show. I’m not sure there’s room for two divas on the set.
What do you think about Pharrell joining “American Idol?”
More on Madame Noire!
- Komon Ou Ye? 9 Of Our Favorite Celebs of Haitian Descent (And A Few Surprises Of Course!)
- Breaking Down the Point of a Protective Hairstyle: What Exactly Should You Be Protecting?
- When Famous Stars Play Famous People: Who Killed It On-Screen And Who Was A Mess?
- If It’s Broke, Fix It: Why Some Friendships Are Worth Sticking Out
- Consider This: Put The Odds In Your Favor And Date The Next Guy You Meet
- Shoe Shine: Must-Have Metallic Sandals and Pumps