If You Really Wanted a Serious Relationship You Would Fix These 5 Things
By Sabrina Jennings
Biologically, we are all driven to find and bed a mate. From the occasional fling, to locking it down through the legal system, everyone shares that same desire of human connection. So with all of that need coursing through our veins, why are YOU sitting at home in your studio apartment streaming Netflix on your laptop, gaming on your Xbox, or mercilously weeping into ugly couch pillows over the sufferage of a non existent dating life? Why does everyone else seem to be so blissfully in love while you remain the pitied Single of your immediate circle of friends? Sure, you can blame that one Ex for scarring you so greatly making faith and trust in someone new an impossible feat, you can accuse the cosmos for sending every astrological opposite your way instead of the ‘perfect match’ Yahoo Shine religiously insists for you daily via email spam, or you can face the real reason that you haven’t been able to join the rest of the rose colored ranks; You.
In my last article, I did some mentioning of how we can be our own worst enemies by having certain expectations when it comes to our personal lives. If you want to get to a place where you can find and keep a happy, healthy relationship, then you need to get out of your own f***ing way. The roadblocks I’m speaking of are common knowledge, but these are five regular offenses being made anyway that are keeping you dateless and alone.
Check out the five mistakes on YourTango.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? 9 Blue-Eyed Soul Singers We Used To Jam To
- He Might Be a Creepin’ Fool, But He’s a Talented One: 5 Classic Songs Stevie J Is Behind…
- The Devil Is a Lie: 7 Types of Hypocritical “Church Folk” Who Know They Need to Quit
- How Ya Going? 9 of Our Favorite Celebs Of Trinidadian Descent (There’s Some Surprises!)
- An Open Letter to My Single Sistas: Being Single is Not a Curse, It’s A Gift
- UGH! 10 Things Men Do That Drive Women Nuts