Here in the office we’ve been talking about who else “American Idol” needs to give a job to with those vacant judge spots and Toni Braxton was definitely one of the names that came up. According to Sister 2 Sister and an inside source, that could actually be happening.
“An insider who works for Simon Cowell claims producers were less than discreet when discussing the newest addition to the judging panel and plans to add Toni were overheard,” the site said.
The news has yet to be confirmed but the source made this statement:
“When I overheard the producers during a candid conversation regarding having two Black, female judges for the first in the history of the show, I almost jumped out of my skin. To add to what was already internal pandemonium, I overheard them say that Toni Braxton was replacing Steven Tyler.”
Two black ladies and two judges who can actually sang? “Idol” is not playing with the competition next season. This news could be really good for Toni. She clearly wants to establish herself outside of her sisters again and since they’ve gained fame on their own from the “Braxton Family Values” reality show, they’ll be fine without her. Toni also has plans to drop another CD, so “American Idol” exposure could do wonders for a revival of her career. And did I mention she also actually has talent? With her and Mariah on the judging panel, this could be a monumental season. The only thing is two divas behind one small desk could get testy.
What do you think? Would Toni be a good “American Idol” judge?
More on Madame Noire!
- Can An Artist Sell Sex and Still Have Their Music Taken Seriously?
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Are My Male Friends Keeping Me From Finding a Man?
- Thanks But No Thanks: Why I Refused To Be Her Bridesmaid
- How Ya Going? 9 of Our Favorite Celebs Of Trinidadian Descent (There’s Some Surprises!)
- An Open Letter to My Single Sistas: Being Single is Not a Curse, It’s A Gift
- UGH! 10 Things Men Do That Drive Women Nuts