In the arena of music, Beyoncé stands alone as an entertainer. She can sing, dance and put on quite a show. But there was a lot of back and forth about whether or not she could play blue’s legend Etta James in Cadillac Records. The reviews for her performance were mixed. You never forgot that Beyoncé was Beyoncé, even though she gave it a good try (definitely a better performance than her past ones). The essence of Etta was there in the scenes but it lingered as an afterthought.
More on Madame Noire!
- 15 Women Who Married Celebrity Men Who Started From The Bottom
- Surprise Pregnancies And The Insane Che Mack: 9 Ratch Things We Learned While Watching Love And Hip Hop Atlanta Last Night
- That'll Do: Movie Franchises We've Definitely Had Enough Of
- At A Loss For Words? Good Topics To Talk About On A First Date
- For The Fellas: Signs A Woman May Be Totally Crazy
- Don't Knock It Until You See It: Celebs Who Were Side-Eyed For Biopics Because They Didn't "Look" The Part
- When Women Text... The Ways We Drive Ourselves Crazy Over SMS
Tags:Angela Bassett, beyonce, biopic, cadillac records, denzel washington, Dorothy Dandridge, dr. martin luther king jr, etta james, halle berry, ike turner, Jamie Foxx, jennifer lopez, laurence fishburne, malcolm x, morgan freeman, Muhammad Ali, Ne-Yo, Nelson Mandela, oscar, Ray Charles', Selena, sugar ray leonard, tina turner, Usher, Will Smith
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN