By Crystal Andrus
As the founder of The S.W.A.T. Institute, the world’s number one online Personal Empowerment Coaching Certification School for women, I spend my days helping women to learn how to lovethemselves. When most of my clients first come to me, they desperately want to love themselves. But, they feel guilty or unsure of what that even looks like.
Many worry that they will be portrayed as selfish, self-serving or self-absorbed. They wonder, “what does self-love really look like?” Well, let me begin by telling you what self-love doesn’t look like.
Twenty years ago, I was embarking on my 20s. I was a good-looking young woman who got more attention than I knew what to do with. Yet, could never understand what people were looking at.
I despised a million things about my body and face, which mattered because I had been taught from my mother that “appearances” were everything. As a young child, I had been teased incessantly by my older brother, and I saw nothing but the ugly version of myself he professed I was.
- How Ya Going? 9 of Our Favorite Celebs Of Trinidadian Descent (There’s Some Surprises!)
- Baby, Bye! Celebs Who Took Their Baby Hair Too Far
- But He’s Not On My Level, Right? Why Women Should Seek Passion and Purpose in a Mate
- What’s Happened To R&B Music? The Real Men of R&B We Love
- Almost Doesn’t Count! Celebs Who Never Quite Made It Down the Aisle”
- Summer Essentials: The Curvy Fashionista Lists Her 5 Must-Haves
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “New Jack City”