As an avid outdoorsman, I love robust flower blooms and lush green grass. Relative to outdoors, nothing can be more aesthetically pleasing than the sight of azaleas and roses brushed against a well-manicured lawn. Oftentimes, when I am traveling beautiful rural roads, I observe someone’s front yard from a distance and it appears to be emerald green. Upon a closer look, however, I soon discover that the lawn is actually quite brown. Now, either my vision has started to rapidly deteriorate or I simply see mirages on a frequent basis. Like me, many people see mirages on a daily basis, especially men that society has deemed as celebrities. I was heartbroken to hear the relatively recent and alleged news about former basketball point guard Eric Snow leaving his wife DeShawn, one of the former stars of the Real Housewives of Atlanta (RHOA), for a former Michigan State classmate that he reportedly impregnated. In the few times that I did watch the RHOA, DeShawn was always a breath of fresh air and a light in the midst of arrogance, contention and messiness. Now, like so many women, she has become a “left behind” who has to deal with emotional and financial distress and the unexpected return to the single life. Unfortunately, Eric Snow is not the only celebrity male that has reportedly left his spouse for another woman. Swizz Beatz, Tiki Barber, Dwayne Wade and Tiger Woods are some of the prominent names among many who have become sickened with the Greener Grass Syndrome- that is, a disorder in which one breaks his marriage covenant and jumps the fence to seek the greener grass (i.e., the lust interest who appears to be everything that you need). As with most sicknesses and disorders, viable and concrete cures are good, but preventive measures are great. With the Greener Grass Syndrome, there are four disciplined ways to avoid its crippling effects. Read them and give them to your man:
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- “All Cops Ain’t Bad”: The Problem With The Feel Good Cop Viral Videos…
- Samuel Jackson Calls Out Stars Who Did The ALS Ice Bucket Challenges But Won’t Speak Out About Police Brutality
- Family Of Akai Gurley, Killed By Rookie NYPD Officer, Tell Rev. Al Sharpton To Stay Away From Funeral: “Who Made You The Spokesperson Of Our Family?”
- Tamir Rice’s Family Files Lawsuit Against Cleveland Police Department
- #AliveWhileBlack Hashtag Spotlights Black People’s Very Sad And Scary Interactions With Police
Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube!
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2014 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural