If you visited Solange’s Instagram page today, you would be greeted by an error message: “Page not found”.
Despite posting photographic glimpses into her life on a fairly regular basis for her fans to like and comment in large numbers, Beyonce’s little sister decided to delete her profile.
She didn’t give a reason for shutting down her Instagram account but she did direct fans to her website:
The site looks at though it’s hosted by Tumblr. It has many of the same pictures she posted on Instagram — without the captions, likes and comments.
Solange’s reasons for abandoning Instagram aren’t clear but many celebrities quit social media sites (especially Twitter!) for one reason or another. Charlie Sheen, Alec Baldwin, Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, dream hampton, John Mayer, Miley Cyrus and others have all quit Twitter at one time. Some have found reason to return, while others are still not on the site. Then there are the celebrities who we only wish would quit Twitter or other social media sites, but we won’t name names!
For those of you looking for other celebs to follow on Instagram in the wake of Solange’s departure, Alicia Keys, Drake, President Obama, Christina Milian, Mary J, Brandy, Rihanna, Fantasia, Oprah, Ciara, John Legend, Nicki Minaj and tons of other celebs are still Instagramming away.
As for Solange, if you still want to catch pictures of her — or are hoping to catch the rare personal picture of Beyonce via Solange — bookmark her website cause she’s not “grammin” anymore.
Did you follow Solange on Instagram? Do you follow other celebrities on the photo sharing website?
Follow Alissa on Twitter @AlissaInPink
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “New Jack City”
- The Ebony Magazine Drama And Why Black Women Need to Quit Attacking Each Other’s Character
- Evening Eye Candy: Model David Agbodji
- Don’t Hate Me Because I’m Beautiful: Do You Have Pretty Girl Problems
- Almost Doesn’t Count! Celebs Who Never Quite Made It Down the Aisle”
- That Ain’t No Mongolian Hair, Girl: What’s the Real Deal with Your “Virgin” Hair Extensions?
- Figuring Out Fake Friends: 6 Signs That Your Friends Might Be Green With Envy