Don’t we keep saying you can’t just walk around smacking/punching/slapping people without consequence? Selita Ebanks is just now learning that delayed lesson after Telemundo model Liza Irizarry, 34, filed a lawsuit against the Victoria’s Secret model for breaking her nose during a Miami fight last year.
If you remember in November, Selita reportedly flipped out on Liza for speaking to Terrence J when they were out at Dream nightclub. Liza supposedly just said “hello” to Terrence and gave him a kiss on the cheek but that kiss earned her a broken nose when Selita, who was standing behind Terrence, supposedly yelled out “Don’t be kissing on my man!” and instantly swung her fist at Liza’s face. The blow broke Liza’s nose and the following Monday she told the Daily News:
“I was in so much pain. My pillow was covered in blood.”
Now Liza wants some compensation for that pain and suffering. NY Daily News is reporting that a suit will be filed for assault and battery in Hudson County Superior Court, near Selita’s New Jersey home, seeking cash for pain, suffering, and medical bills. Liza filed a police report immediately following the incident last fall but Selita was never arrested or charged with anything, now she and her lawyer, Edward Steinberg, want to make her pay. He told the Daily News:
“We hope that with an action like this, Miss Ebanks will no longer attack or assault anyone. We think this is a very simple case of assault and battery by a woman, who maybe used her status and stature to feel like she could get away with something.”
I wonder if she can smile her way out of this. What do you think?
More on Madame Noire!
- Unforgettable Underground Films: 8 Black Cult Classic Movies We Love (And May Not Want to Admit)
- Figuring Out Fake Friends: 6 Signs That Your Friends Might Be Green With Envy
- Weekend Wrap Up! Willow Has Something to Say to the Critics! Brandy Wants to Babysit Blue Ivy + More
- Don’t Hate Me Because I’m Beautiful: Do You Have Pretty Girl Problems
- Almost Doesn’t Count! Celebs Who Never Quite Made It Down the Aisle”
- Baby, Bye! Celebs Who Took Their Baby Hair Too Far
- Thirsty Much? Bathroom Sink Photos & Other Sexually Charged Cries for Attention