Checks must not be coming in like they used to for Chi-town rapper Common because he’s reportedly neglected to pay a very important debt—his mortgage.
According to legal documents obtained by TMZ:
Common (real name Lonnie Lynn) and his manager, Derek Dudley, got a mortgage for a condo back in 2008. But Bank of America claims … beginning in March, the duo stopped making the monthly, $2,285 mortgage payments.
So now BOA is getting tough, filing foreclosure docs. The Bank wants to sell the property, and recoup the amount of the mortgage, plus interest and penalties, which total $345,389 … and 52 cents.
I’m not trying to count the rapper/actor’s ends but between him and his manager they ought to have been able to come up with $2,200. Maybe the celeb is planning to file for bankruptcy and has been instructed not to pay any of his outstanding debts, although that’s not a good look for him either.
So far, his reps haven’t commented on the situation. Let’s just hope Common doesn’t pop up homeless.
More on Madame Noire!
- Unforgettable Underground Films: 8 Black Cult Classic Movies We Love (And May Not Want to Admit)
- Figuring Out Fake Friends: 6 Signs That Your Friends Might Be Green With Envy
- Weekend Wrap Up! Willow Has Something to Say to the Critics! Brandy Wants to Babysit Blue Ivy + More
- Don’t Hate Me Because I’m Beautiful: Do You Have Pretty Girl Problems
- Almost Doesn’t Count! Celebs Who Never Quite Made It Down the Aisle”
- Baby, Bye! Celebs Who Took Their Baby Hair Too Far
- Thirsty Much? Bathroom Sink Photos & Other Sexually Charged Cries for Attention