Eve is starting to creep back up on our radars and the Philly rapper will likely be demanding our undivided attention when her new album drops, which she says won’t be long from now. In an interview with Essence.com, Eve opened up about her new music, where she’s at creatively, and more importantly whether we’ll be hearing wedding bells anytime soon. Here are a few bits from the interview:
When her new album, “Lip Lock” is coming out
The album is coming out this year, for sure. It took a long time just because I wanted to make sure that it was perfect and right. I’m really happy with it. In fact, I’m more than happy with it – I love it!
Who she wants to work with musically
My dream collaboration is with Lauryn Hill. Is that ever gonna happen? Who knows! But there’s still a lot I feel like musically I could do.
What artists she’s listening to now
I listen to every thing, all kinds of stuff. I’ve been obsessed with the Nas and Damian Marley record, Distant Relatives. I feel like a lot of people haven’t heard it, and it’s amazing.
Whether she’s still in love
I am, thankfully!
Will her boo, British entrepreneur and race car driver Maximillion Cooper, be putting a ring on it soon
He better! (Big laughs.) Seriously! Ha! But, right now, we’re really, really happy.
Where she finds inspiration
Well, I’ve relocated to London, so right now it’s London. I walk everywhere when I’m there. It’s so eclectic. It’s New York on steroids. There are so many cultures and sounds, and people and fashion. Chicks are so fly. I live in a neighborhood where there’s a lot of West Indian culture, so it’s nice. I have to always come back because my mother would kill me if I didn’t, but right now that’s where I’m at.
Could you imagine a Lauryn Hill-Eve collabo? Hotness. It’s good to know Eve is finding inspiration—and love—abroad. She just might come back to the states with a new last name. What do you think?
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? Talented R&B Divas Who’ve Gone MIA Over the Years
- But We’re Not Friends Though: How Do You Decline A Random Baby Shower Invite?
- MN Exclusive Part II: Jenifer Lewis Reflects on Her Struggle & Gives Advice to the Younger Generation
- Opening The Closet Door: 8 Singers Who Had To Deal With Speculation About Their Sexuality
- Aretha, Watch Your Back: 10 Stars Who Would Make Great Judges On “American Idol”
- Let Me Get You Straight, Girl! Advice To The Real ‘Housewives’ Of Atlanta!
- Did You Know They Dated? 10 Secret Lovers, Temporary Boos and Flings We Were Surprised By