Newly Married Meagan Good Has One Piece Of Advice For Women: Don’t Settle
Meagan Good is all smiles these days after marrying movie producer and Seventh-day Adventist minister Devon Franklin, and though the actress was clearly smitten before she jumped the broom, she says things have gotten even better since she’s become a Mrs.
“It’s been pretty amazing,” she told Elev8.com about life as a newlywed. “He is absolutely the most incredible thing that’s happened to me. We want the same thing out of life and that’s important.
“We’re both on the front lines for Christ. We’re serious about our walk. We’re not perfect but what we desire and what we aspire to is the same. In having a partner you ultimately have to know and want the same things and have the same type of revelations and we do.”
Meagan talked about those same aspirations before she walked down the aisle as she shared Devon’s desire to remain celibate with her for the year prior to their wedding. The 30-year-old isn’t selfish with the secret to her good loving though, she wants other single women to find the same type of love she has and she says they can by following this one simple rule, not settling. She told Eelv8 that’s the main difference between her past relationships and the one she now has with Devon.
“The difference is God is more evident in my heart. That was always my desire,” she said. “Sometimes…you make what you think are sacrifices because you see there’s potential here, or this person has it in their heart there’s just got to be some growing. Ultimately one thing I would say to all women is don’t settle. It is out there, it does exist and God is so much bigger and greater than what our small minds can think. What we think is impossible is absolutely possible and I’m definitely living proof of that. My marriage is living proof of that.”
Alright Meagan. What do you think about her advice?
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? Talented R&B Divas Who’ve Gone MIA Over the Years
- But We’re Not Friends Though: How Do You Decline A Random Baby Shower Invite?
- MN Exclusive Part II: Jenifer Lewis Reflects on Her Struggle & Gives Advice to the Younger Generation
- Opening The Closet Door: 8 Singers Who Had To Deal With Speculation About Their Sexuality
- Aretha, Watch Your Back: 10 Stars Who Would Make Great Judges On “American Idol”
- Let Me Get You Straight, Girl! Advice To The Real ‘Housewives’ Of Atlanta!
- Did You Know They Dated? 10 Secret Lovers, Temporary Boos and Flings We Were Surprised By