Some of Hollywood’s wealthiest stars didn’t grow up in a house with a white picket fence and a back yard. Queen Latifah, Jada Pinkett-Smith, and Kerry Washington are a few of many successful concrete roses who were born and raised in the hood. Although the hood may be an extremely challenging environment to grow up in, these classy ladies still managed to make a name for themselves, and brought truth to the saying: “It doesn’t matter where you come from, it matters where you’re going.” Get inspired by 15 sophisticated women with humble beginnings that helped to mold them into the superstars they are today.
Find out which Hollywood A-listers made their way out of the hood at styleblazer.com
More on Madame Noire!
- Did You Know They Dated? 10 Secret Lovers, Temporary Boos and Flings We Were Surprised By
- Let Me Get You Straight, Girl! Advice To The Real ‘Housewives’ Of Atlanta!
- When It Comes To Failed Marriages, Perhaps Expecting A Fairy Tale Is The Problem
- First Date, First Impression: Is It Really You?
- MN Exclusive: Jenifer Lewis On Her Favorite Role, Longevity & Playing The Momma
- Listen Up Fellas! 7 Signs SHE’s Just Not That Into You
- The Business Of Our Periods: Why Are Feminine Products So Darn Expensive?