“What you gone do when LOVE don’t even LOVE no more?”
That was the cryptic tweet The Game sent before announcing that he and his fiance have called off their wedding. With just ten days to go before the Big Day, they updated their wedding website with the news:
We regret to inform you that the wedding of Tiffney Cambridge & Jayceon Taylor has been cancelled.
Sister2Sister reports :
Although Game previously told S2S that he’d spent half a million dollars on the ceremony, the two “just didn’t get along,” a source said. “It just didn’t work out.”
The Game proposed to Tiffney, his girlfriend of almost eight years, in October of 2011 in front of MTV cameras, and the two were planning to marry next weekend, July 28.
It’s unclear whether Tiffney and Game have called it quits for good or if they’re planning to work through their issues and head toward matrimony at a later date.
This isn’t The Game’s first near miss in the wedding department. In 2006, he was engaged to Valeisha Butterfield, but they broke it off and he got back together with his then-ex girlfriend Tiffney. Since then, he and Tiffney had two kids.
It’s unclear if they’re still going to go through with the reality show we just found out about and thus give everyone an inside look of what went wrong, Kim Kardashian-style. It’s likely no one is going to want to watch that, but with all of the other train wrecks on VH1 what’s one more?
On a serious note, it’s always sad to hear of a breakup when children are involved. Maybe they are still working things out even though they’re not walking down the aisle. Eight years is a long time to be together, but it’s better to call of the wedding than call off the marriage.
What do you think of this announcement? Were you looking forward to their reality show?
Follow Alissa on Twitter @AlissaInPink
More on Madame Noire!
- “You Can See How Black People Evolved From Apes” and Other Racially-Charged Comments That Left Me Speechless
- The Business Of Our Periods: Why Are Feminine Products So Darn Expensive?
- Listen Up Fellas! 7 Signs SHE’s Just Not That Into You
- No Way Out? Don’t Blame The Day26 Break Up On Diddy and The “Bad Boy Curse”
- Cute Kid Alert: Diddy’s Girls, Tiny & T.I.’s Kids Celebrate Her B-Day & More
- Single Black Male: Should Women Still Expect Men to Pay for Dates?
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Waiting to Exhale”